All About Us
International Needs is a non-denominational Christian development organization with a global network of more than 30 partner countries.
TRANSFORMED LIVES, CHANGED COMMUNITIES
When we imagine the future, we see a kinder world; a world where children have choices other than forced labour, trafficking, gangs, and prostitution; a world without oppression and racial inequality; a world without so much poverty, disease, and hunger; a world where people confidently make their own decisions, regardless of their circumstances.
What we do
You could say we’re in the empowerment business. We support projects and programs that equip children and communities to overcome the grip of poverty and chart their own paths.
Why we do what we do
We’re driven to stand boldly against injustice and be a source of light in a dark and sometimes difficult world. We draw our strength and inspiration from our faith in Jesus Christ.
FIVE WORDS THAT ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO US
This concept is central to the way we and our partners work. Canadians will never change another country, no matter how good our intentions may be. For example, only Bangladeshis will change Bangladesh. Our role is simply to walk alongside and help in whatever way we can.
Our deepest desire is to see real change take root in the lives of the children, families, and leaders we serve. We also know that along the way our donors, employees, and volunteers in Canada will also be transformed by the experience.
Everything we do at International Needs has a long-term view. We don’t make rash decisions or focus on short-term problems. We hope that all our partners’ programs and initiatives become embedded in their communities and deliver benefits long after our small part is done.
This word is partly about being honest and upright, and we strive to be open, transparent, and accountable in all our dealings. But integrity also refers to being in a state of wholeness, which means that we constantly check ourselves to make sure we’re doing the right things, for the right reasons, in the right way.
We partner with people in Canada who are passionate about supporting vulnerable children. And around the globe, we work alongside amazing people who know their local culture and are committed to making a difference within their communities. Our global partners paint the vision for change… then, we join them.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
At International Needs Network, we believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His heavenly ascension, in His personal return to power and glory.
- That for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- In the resurrection of the saved and the lost.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- The Spirit calls Christ’s disciples to embrace God’s mission of mercy and compassion in their neighbourhoods and in the world: to feed the hungry, bring water to the thirsty, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, care for the sick, and free the prisoner.
Since 1974, International Needs Canada has been changing the lives of vulnerable children through child sponsorship and community development programs. Unique to the foundation of International Needs is founder and visionary Ray Harrison’s focus on empowering communities by helping them to develop the leadership potential within their own cultures. As we began partnerships with communities in the developing world, we found that there was a very real need for life essentials like food, clean water, and education. By building trust with leaders and governments, International Needs found ways to build up communities by first empowering people through education, skills training, and opportunities for health care, clean water, and sustainable agriculture.
International Needs Canada
Address: 230-1119 Fennell Ave E.,
Hamilton, On, Canada, L8T 1S2
Charity Number: #12994 3072 RR0001